Information circulated from St Germans and Area Public Transport Users Group
“We promised to give you advance notice of rail improvement work in this area. To keep the railway safe and to help reduce delays Network Rail will be completing a number of track renewals in Devon and Cornwall over the next couple of months.”
- Work will take place in the Exeter Central area. Buses will replace trains between Exeter St Davids and Exmouth/Honiton, and services from Paignton and Barnstaple will terminate at Exeter St Davids
- Work will take place between Liskeard and Par. Buses will replace trains between Liskeard and Par, and will also run non-stop between Plymouth and St Austell.
- There will be an amended train service between Par and Penzance.
- Trains from the east will terminate at Plymouth or Liskeard
- Work will take place between Plymouth and Liskeard. Buses will replace trains between Plymouth and Liskeard, and on the Tamar Valley Line to Bere Ferrers, Bere Alston, Calstock and Gunnislake
- An amended train service will operate between Liskeard and Penzance
- Work will take place in the Redruth and Penzance areas. Buses will replace trains between Truro and Penzance and on the St Ives branch line
- An amended train service will operate between Plymouth and Truro