Information circulated from St Germans and Area Public Transport Users Group
“We promised to give you advance notice of rail improvement work in this area. To keep the railway safe and to help reduce delays Network Rail will be completing a number of track renewals in Devon and Cornwall over the next couple of months.”
The programme will mean:
Saturday 30 October and Sunday 31 October
- Work will take place in the Exeter Central area. Buses will replace trains between Exeter St Davids and Exmouth/Honiton, and services from Paignton and Barnstaple will terminate at Exeter St Davids
Sunday 14 November
- Work will take place between Liskeard and Par. Buses will replace trains between Liskeard and Par, and will also run non-stop between Plymouth and St Austell.
- There will be an amended train service between Par and Penzance.
- Trains from the east will terminate at Plymouth or Liskeard
Saturday 20 November and Sunday 21 November
- Work will take place between Plymouth and Liskeard. Buses will replace trains between Plymouth and Liskeard, and on the Tamar Valley Line to Bere Ferrers, Bere Alston, Calstock and Gunnislake
- An amended train service will operate between Liskeard and Penzance
Monday 13 to Thursday 16 December (there is more information on this on www.gwr.com/WestCornwall)
- Work will take place in the Redruth and Penzance areas. Buses will replace trains between Truro and Penzance and on the St Ives branch line
- An amended train service will operate between Plymouth and Truro
Details are on the GWR website www.GWR.com/Upgrade, and we are letting customers know about the temporary changes through traditional and social media, and through information on trains and at stations.
Any help you can give us with that will be great, and if you do have any further questions, or pick up any concerns or queries, please do let us know and we will be happy to help.
Thank you and best wishes
Head of Public Affairs, Great Western Railway