Fundraising commenced in 2006/07.
Millbrook Parish Council worked with Torpoint & Rame Youth Project and a group named ‘Millbrook Extreme Skaters’.
Initially the Parish Council had agreed to go with the skatepark contractor GHB Ramps. Due to receiving funds in stages and issues getting a commitment from GHB Ramps the Council agreed to provide the skatepark facility by contracting two supplies:
Stage 1: Park Leisure (Urban Ramps) and tarmacing the site
- Millbrook Extreme Skaters and residents – raffles, car boot sale, quiz night in Millbrook Football Club.
- Viridor Tax Credits
- Cornwall County Playing Fields,
- Community Health Around Torpoint (CHAT),
- Torpoint and Rame Peninsula Lions Club,
- Samworth Brothers (Ginsters),
- SS Gas
- Millbrook Festival Committee.
Total costs approx £21,000
Stage 2: Ramps from GBH Ramps
Newspaper article from 2008 – upgraded skatepark from 2008