Visitor car park space allocation
Weatherhead Shop Designers Ltd have purchased five West Street car parking spaces. The spaces will be required from Tuesday 30th August 2022.
Letter sent to the Neighbours of Millbrook Coop
“We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and to inform you of the works due to be carried out at the above address to conduct some maintenance and asset renewal works to your Co-op Food store. We are the main contractor who will be overseeing this project within this area.
The scope of this works consists of roof replacements to the two flats above the store, asbestos tile removals and new insulation to roof voids, repairs to gable ends, repairs to chimneys, new soffits, gutterings and downpipes, new flat roof to area between flats, repairs to soffit ceiling in store and repairs to link corridor between the two flats. There will be scaffold with a temp roof above the flats.
The full duration of these works will be approximately 16 weeks and your Co-op food store will remain open during our time on site, most of the work is due to take place away from the inside of the store itself. Works are planned to start on Tuesday 30th August through to December 17th.
We will liaise with residents, neighbours and stores running up to start on site and whilst all works are being carried out.
We are writing to you today to offer you some comfort and reassurance and to outline the ways in which we will do everything in our power to maintain the safety of you, the customer, the local residents, our colleagues and other contractors and whilst working in either of the flats and the store we will still be following Covid processes. We detail below how we plan to operate this.
Prior to our attendance on site, we will maintain working under ‘Covid’ rules, these will include:
- All possible steps taken to ensure that where social distancing cannot be maintained, any work in close proximity is of a bare minimum and is heavily controlled to limit the risk of any possible virus transmission.
- Our operatives will be encouraged to practise good personal hygiene and to ensure frequent hand washing takes place throughout their shifts.
- Our operatives will also implement cleaning measures that will include all frequent use point such as; door handles, shared machinery, tools and other equipment and the welfare and WC areas
- Our operatives will be required to wear and will have access to additional COVID-19 PPE including disposable (surgical) face masks, or a personal full-face protective visor where required. All disposable PPE is to be worn only once.
- Operatives will monitor their temperatures throughout their time in your store/residence.
It is our hope that none of the work that are being undertaken may cause you concern or disruption, please be assured that we have endeavoured to plan our work schedule in such a way as to avoid any inconvenience to your routines or well-being. We acknowledge that these remain turbulent and uncertain times and we understand it to be our duty to manage not only our day-to-day (night-to-night) tasks, but also the associated anxieties which flow from the return to work of the construction industry and its interaction with the general public.”