Community Engagement Event and Annual Parish Meeting
Annual Parish meeting / Annual meeting of electors
Saturday 14th May: 2pm to 6pm at Millbrook Village Hall
Community Engagement Event: 2 – 6pm on Saturday 14th May 2022
Annual Parish Meeting: 6.00pm on Saturday 14th May 2022
Local community groups are invited to:
- give a brief presentation about their organisation.
- submit a report on the activities of their group over the last 12 months and future plans
- have a table and be in attendance to answer any questions about your organisation.
- supply some posters / publicity to promote the organisation.
- do some fundraising for your community group during the event.
This community event will be an ideal opportunity to provide information on what is happening in the parish and for the Parish Council to consult with the electors on issues in the parish and future aspirations.
The Annual Parish meeting is not a Council meeting, but the Parish Council is hosting the meeting / community event. It is an opportunity for residents to meet their Parish Councillors and to receive an update from the Parish Council and other local groups on what they have been working on over the last year. It is also an opportunity for residents to have their say on anything they consider valuable to the people of the Parish.
Every English Parish shall have a Parish Meeting. All Parish and Town Councils throughout England are required by law to hold an Annual Parish Meeting between the dates of 1st March and 1st June (inclusive).
Last year, due to Coronavirus, the Parish Council did not host an Annual Parish meeting.