In the Autumn of 2020, Cornwall Council, in partnership with Keep Britain Tidy ran an anti-dog fouling campaign titled ‘We’re watching you’.
Cornwall Council plans to run another campaign in the summer.
If you are interested in being a Community Ambassador please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointing a Community Ambassador
As part of our application, the Parish Council would need to appoint a Community ambassador who will champion our ‘We’re Watching You’ campaign in your local community and play a key role in its delivery.
The Community ambassador should:
- Be a proactive, positive member of your community who feels strongly about tackling dog fouling.
- Be a resident in your community who is preferably not directly associated with your Town or Parish council (e.g. not an employee or councillor).
- Have a strong social media presence in your community.
Our Community ambassador would be required to:
- Conduct an initial cleanse of the site to remove all dog fouls.
- Carry out two visits to the site, one week apart, before the signs are put up, to count the number of dog fouls for a control figure.
- Put the signs up in the agreed locations.
- Carry out a single visit each week for three consecutive months to count the number of dog fouls, cleaning the site of dog fouls after every second visit.
- Record your weekly counts in the digital monitoring sheet, which will be provided.
- Champion the campaign on social media and in local newsletters etc:
- Post updates and images of the signs and any positive outcomes on dog fouling reduction on Community Facebook pages.
- Share Cornwall Council’s social media updates on the campaign to Community Facebook pages.
- Contribute articles to the Town/Parish council newsletter to further inform residents of positive campaign activity.