May 16th 2023
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Millbrook Parish Council Full Council meeting on Tuesday 16th May 2023 at 7:30pm at Millbrook Village Hall in the main hall
Part 1: In accordance with Standing Order 5, the business of the Annual Parish Council meeting shall include:
1. Chair of the Parish Council (Standing order 5e)
a. To elect a Chair of the Parish Council for 2023-24
b. To receive the Chair’s declaration of Acceptance of Office
2. Vice Chair of the Parish Council (Standing order 5e)
a. To elect a Vice Chair of the Parish Council for 2023-24
b. To receive the Vice Chair’s declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. Apologies for absence.
4. Declarations of gifts and declarations of interest on any agenda item.
5. Dispensation: To consider any requests for dispensations relating to agenda items.
6. Public forum and County Councillor report/update.
7. Chair’s Announcements
8. Co-option of Parish Councillors
9. Approval of the minutes from previous meeting (Standing Order 5jii)
a. Minutes of the previous full Parish Council meeting: To approve the minutes of the Full Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 18th April 2023.
10. Policies, procedures and terms of reference (Standing Order 5jv)
a. Current policies and procedures and dates for review: To review the Clerk’s report
b. Terms of reference for committees and working groups: To review the Clerk’s report.
c. Asset and Open Spaces Task Group: To review and approve Terms of Reference
d. Finance Committee: To review and approve the Terms of Reference
e. Staffing Committee: To review and approve the Terms of Reference
f. Code of Conduct: To accept the Code of Conduct.
g. Complaints policy: To review and approve the policy.
h. General privacy notice: To note the Council’s General Privacy notice
i. Data Retention policy: To review and approve the policy .
j. Use of Council land: To review and approve the policy.
b. Financial Regulations: To note the Council’s Financial Regulations
14. Review of arrangements (including legal agreements) with other local authorities, not-for-profit bodies and business (Standing Orders 5jx)
d. Cornwall Climate Action Network: To appoint a Parish Council representative.
During the Parish Council meeting held on 16th November 2021, having confirmed the Council meets the criteria as detailed in the prescribed conditions of section 8(2) of Localism Act 2011, the Council passed a motion to adopt the General Power of Competence (Minute 103). The Council is required to reaffirm its eligibility to exercise General Power of Competence (i) the number of Councillors elected at the last ordinary election (May 2021), or at its subsequent by-election, equals or exceeds two thirds of its total number of Councillors. (ii) The Parish Clerk holds at least one of the sector specific qualifications and has passed CiLCA.
- The Rural Bulletin: Newsletters
- Cornwall Council: Plym ferry refit press release.
- ornwall Council: CAPs – Town & Parish Council representatives
- Cornwall Council: Town & Parish Newsletter
- Cornwall Council: Community Area Partnerships – Update
- Cornwall Council:Forest for Cornwall Spring Newsletter
- Sheviock Parish Clerk: Hypodermic needles on far Western beach (Hoodny Cove) Portwrinkle
- Rame Peninsula Public Transport Users Group: Link to their new Facebook page.
- Permaculture Kernow: meeting with Cormac went well and we will send them a proposal to plant fruit trees at West Park in Autumn 2023. Permaculture Kernow would be happy to manage the existing Lakeside Orchard with the option of extending the orchard ( planting a range of fruit and nut trees in Autumn 2023) into the top part of the field.
- Millbrook’s King’s Coronation’Big Lunch’ Community Event:
- Rear Admiral Mike Wood CBE JP: “I would be grateful if you could pass this message to those members of the Parish Council were involved and to all the others in the community who contributed to Sunday’s event.
It was an outstanding success and everyone involved deserves to be congratulated.
I spoke to numerous people of all ages who were there and without exception they were clearly enjoying themselves and were full of praise for the planning, preparation and delivery of such a comprehensive and inclusive programme of activities.
Many of them have lived in Millbrook longer than our 22 years and commented that this was the largest, best organised and most enjoyable event they had ever attended in the village. They clearly hoped that there would be more to follow in due course.
For me, it was a privilege to have a small part to play so thank you for inviting me. I remain full of admiration for all that was achieved by such a willing and enthusiastic team.”
- Member of Public Hand delivered card thanking everyone involved for such a fantastic community event.
- Friends of Millbrook Methodist: “Please pass on our thanks to the Parish Council for putting on the Millbrook Coronation Big Lunch and especially thanks to the two of you for all your hard work planning and organising it and making sure things ran well on the day.It was a brilliant occasion which was enjoyed by so many people, we are part of a great community.
Thank you for letting us have the Millbrook Methodist cake stall, we raised £158 which will be divided between local charities which help people in our community, all the money raised will stay on the Peninsula.
Thank you again and I hope you can enjoy a well deserved rest”
- Member of public: We wish to congratulate the Parish Council and the many other organisations and volunteers involved for the exceptional event that took place in Millbrook on the occasion of King Charles lll’s Coronation. Many hundreds of people took part in and enjoyed celebrations that were extremely well organised and very much appreciated by all attendees we spoke to and saw. We belong to the generation that have clear memories of the 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth ll and our generation perhaps constituted 10-15% of the attendees. The legacy of your event is that it has provided for the so many people younger than us their own memory of a community coming together to enjoy a historic constitutional occasion.