June 20th 2023
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Millbrook Parish Council Full Council meeting
Tuesday 20th June 2023 at 7:30pm
Venue: The main hall in Millbrook Village Hall
1. Apologies for absence
2. Declarations of gifts and declaration of interest on any agenda item
3. Dispensation – To consider any requests for dispensations relating to agenda items.
4. Public forum and County Councillor report / update
5. Chair’s Announcements
6. Clerk’s report / update
7. Approval of the minutes from previous meeting:
a. Minutes of the last full Parish Council meeting: To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 16th May 2023.
b. Minutes of the last Staffing Committee meeting : To approve the minutes of the Staffing Committee meeting held on Tuesday 30th May 2023.
c. Minutes of the last Finance Committee meeting: To approve the minutes of the Finance Committee meeting held on Tuesday 30th May 2023.
9. Town Crier vacancy
To review the job specification and application form for a new Town Crier and to agree a budget for this position.
11. Climate and Environment: To receive the notes from the Climate & Environment Action Working Group (WG) Meeting 24th May 2023.
b. Christmas lights and Christmas tree options: To receive the report from the Admin Support Officer, to consider options and to approve expenditure.
My members would support the Wig wag warning lights and restricting HGV into Millbrook so they do not use Hounster hill but this proposal needs to include the roads through St John and Military road too.
St John is not suitable for any HGV traffic and we understand Highways have already stated that the condition of Military road is so poor it should not accommodate HGV and there is a danger that the road itself would become unusable within 10 years if there was increased HGV traffic along this route.”
Email from Antony Parish Clerk 13th June 2023: “Like St John PC my members unanimously agreed to support the Wig wag warning lights proposal and restricting HGV into Millbrook. However, members stated that this proposal would need to be amended to include protection for the roads in St John and Military road too.
St John is not suitable for any HGV traffic and we understand Cornwall council highways department have already stated that the condition of Military road is so poor it should not accommodate HGV and there is a danger that the road itself would become unusable within 10 years if there was increased HGV traffic along this route.”
c. No parking / disabled access signage: To approve the installation of the poster designed by Fourlanesend promoting no parking / disabled access required at Millmoor House, West Street (update from Cllr E Woffenden).
c. Staffing Committee Terms of Reference: To approve the Staffing Committee Terms of Reference as per recommendations put forward from the meeting held on 30th May 2023.
16. Does the Council wish to produce another newsletter? If yes, Council to agree budget, timescales, content, format, and delivery options.(see summary report from the Clerk).
d. Tanyard pergola covering: Consultation feedback received to date. Report from the Clerk.
d. Training / Routine Play Park inspection course: To approve the appointment of staff attendance of a one-day RoSPA Play inspection course in Exeter at a cost of £530.00.
- Cornwall Council Streetworks: Closure Order – B3247 Between West Street And Hat Lane, Millbrook – 5th June 2023 to 9th June 2023
- Cornwall Council: Planning News for Local Councils and Agents Spring 2023
- Cornwall Council: Changes to rubbish and recycling collection times
- Cornwall Council: PSPO consultation dogs
- Cornwall Council: A free Landmark Tree for your town or parish!
- Cornwall Council / Tamar Crossings:The Plym refit
- Cornwall Council: Inaugural meeting of the Liskeard & Looe and Cornwall Gateway Community Area Partnership – 6 June 2023
- Cornwall Council: Affordable Housing Newsletter (May 2023) – Parish/ Town Council
- Rame Peninsula Public Transport Users Group: Increase in government bus funding.
- The Rural Services Network: The Rural Bulletins
- Rame Peninsula Public Transport Users Group: Bus Service Improvement Plan (“BSIP”) – DFT Letter to Local Transport Authorities
- Cornwall Association of Local Councils: Training bulletin – June, July, August
- Cornwall Council, Communities Support Assistant – Localism: Local Council Planning Training 2023 – Planning induction refresher: 11 July 15:00-17:30
- Cornwall Council: Liskeard, Looe and Cornwall Gateway Community Area Partnership meeting notes
- Friends of Millbrook Chapel of Rest: Transfer of the Chapel to Rame Conservation Trust. The building is now covered under their insurance.
- Parishioners: Caravan by West Street / The works, Complaints about grass cutting, Street sign at Southdown Road / St Johns Close, Litter by seat in field.