Notification received from Cornwall Council Streetwork
Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 S.14: Temporary Prohibition of Traffic
Location: Hounster Hill to Millpool Head, Millbrook
Timing: 26th April 2021 to 28th April 2021 (09:30 to 14:30 hours)
Contact: Cornwall Council – Tel: 0300 1234 222 or email@example.com
The above closure has been approved. Please click the following link to view a map and associated documents:
Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984)
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2021
1. The Cornwall Council makes this Order in exercise of its powers under section 14(1) of the RTRA 1984 to prohibit the use by traffic over an area of highway being Hounster Hill Millbrook for its entire length, West Street Millbrook between the junction for Hounster Hill and the junction for B3247 Between West Street And Hat Lane, and B3247 Between West Street And Hat Lane Millbrook between the junction for West Street and
the junction for Millpool Head as highlighted in red on the plan attached to this Order.
2. The Order shall come into operation on 26th April 2021 and shall remain in force for three months, however, this order can be extended by the Secretary of State for Transport. The works are expected to be completed by the 28th April 2021.
3. The prohibition will be in force between the hours of 0930 and 1430 on a daily basis, weekdays only.
4. The restrictions imposed by this Order shall remain in force on such days and during such times as the appropriate traffic signs are displayed. In this Order “traffic sign” means a sign of any size, colour and type described or authorised under or having effect as though prescribed or authorised under section 64 of The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
5. The Council is satisfied that the Order is needed because works are being executed on or near the road for the
renewal of the virtual footway and double yellow lines.
6. While the Order is in operation traffic, including bicycle movement, along the highway specified in paragraph 1, will be temporarily restricted. No personnel, except upon the direction of a police constable in uniform, cause or permit any vehicle or pedal cycle to enter on, proceed or wait in the length of highway described above.
This is causing severe disruption on St Andrew’s Street – a very narrow, single-track lane. It is not suitable for a diversion.